October 11, 2010

A weekend away.

I can't believe that I just typed that title. A few weeks ago it came true. It has been ages since David and I were able to go somewhere overnight. Our last getaway was to the beautiful islands of Fiji...ahhhhhh. I miss them. Ok, back to now. David is a huge sports fan. Sadly, he is a fan of all teams in Texas. When you are a Texas fan transplanted to the state of Washington, it is hard to see them in all their glory in person. I thought it might make for a wonderful weekend to see the Texas Rangers and the Mariners play at Safeco Field. A little baseball, a little Seattle skyline, the girlies with Grammy, a nice and fancy hotel....you know how it goes. ☺

To have a weekend to yourself and your spouse means that you need childcare. My mom was fantastic and agreed to watch them for us. We weren't sure how to swing dropping them off and making our game. Thankfully, there is something called a ferry. It was a relaxing ride for my mom and provided an easy way to drop off the girlies. They had a blast riding the ferry. My little bro Kyle was awesome and came along to help my mom with all of their things and to help entertain them. My girlies love their Uncle Kyle.

David being the cunning deal finder that he is, scored us some amazing tickets on the visitors side. We were in the third row from the dug-out. I was speechless when we sat in our seats. The view was spectacular. You could see the players up close and personal. I could read their names without binoculars. It was a magical night.


We were able to hang out and watch batting practice, mosey around the field, spend some great time together and of course, eat. ☺


One of the things I was most excited about, besides our seats, was getting peanuts. Its silly, I know, but I was soo looking forward to them. I scored my peanuts all nice and toasty. They were the best. Nothing better (to me at least) then eating toasty peanuts at a baseball game. To David's dismay the Mariners won and the Rangers lost, 2-1. I on the other hand was very happy. My team never wins. It was a great game. ☺


He also missed out on getting his book signed by his favorite player, Josh Hamilton. He at least got to see him up-close. While he was waiting, his face lit up like it does on Christmas, it was the cutest thing.


I am so thankful for this weekend. It was nice to get away and enjoy something together without hurrying or worrying about the girlies. Thank you, Mom!

Update: Since we went to this game, the Rangers finished out the season in first place in the American League West. They are in the ALDS against the Tampa Bay Rays and are tied up 2 games to 2. We are hoping for a win on Tuesday! ☺ Go Rangers!

1 comment:

  1. good shot of his huge smile! i love it! i'm so glad you guys got to get away :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!