During the last 6 weeks, I have done quite a bit more cooking. Having your husband home creates a little more "free time" during the dinner making hours. I am really going to miss that! ☺ I made a slow-cooker lasagna and it turned out really, really good. I thought I would share the recipe since it was such a success!
ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1/2 of a yellow or sweet onion, chopped
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce - you could also use your favorite homemade sauce as long as you have the same amount found in a jar
1 cup water
1 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 T. chopped fresh parsley - I used dried.
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked ☺
Brown the meat with the onion in a large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 2 T. parmesan cheese, egg and parsley. Spoon 1 cup of the meat sauce in slow-cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit and cheeses. Cover with 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheeses and meat sauce. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered for 10 minutes or until it is nice and melty.
I am pretty sure that this recipe would be easy to mix up or add other things to it. I am a habitual recipe follower and don't really "add a pinch here and a shake there". I am working on that. If you do make this and mix it up, let me know! Happy cooking!

looks good sarah! i'm always looking for slow cooker recipes i actually want to eat! :)
ReplyDelete