We had such a splendid time visiting with friends and celebrating Valentine's Day.
I would say that overall, it was a success. I can't wait to plan the next one! ♥
Table decorations/settings:
I ran some white banner paper down the middle of the tables and placed large doily hearts in a helter-skelter manner. I also sprinkled a few faux rose petals. I found some little hurricane shaped vases at Wal-mart, tied some red ribbon around each and filled them with pink mini-roses. Each mom and girl had a personalized place setting and snack cup filled with a few jelly beans, m&ms and a single heart-shaped marshmallow.
The food:
The girls munched on heart-shaped sandwiches, heart-shaped cheese, rice krispies treats, pink punch, strawberries, pretzels, strawberry jell-o (which I forgot, oops) and heart-shaped marshmallows. I loved how the food added more decor and elegance to the tables. I also filled two small trifle dishes with m&ms. I couldn't resist them at a $1 a piece!The moms and I munched on girly salads and croissants along with strawberries and pink punch. It was deliciousness. I know, I know, so not a word, but just bear with me here and my desire to add 'ness' to everything. ☺
The activities:
I didn't know whether or not to plan on having some activity for the girls to do, but being the planner I am, I had a craft foam Valentines making kit ready to go. It was so cute watching them exchange their Valentines back and forth. ☺ The moms and I made marshmallow pops. I had wanted to have them made previously to give as favors, but alas, my good intentions were just that. That is the story of my life! We had fun dipping them and giving them a sprinkle bath. Oh, how I love sprinkles. I saw the idea and how-to here. Cute and yummy, that is my kind of combo. ☺
yay! you posted it.
ReplyDeletethis is so fun sarah. you did a great job.
love, love, love it!
thanks for sharing :)
Thank you! ☺
ReplyDelete