April 30, 2011

Let's help Japan!

R20 - day 28

Those were the words Big Sis uttered several weeks ago. I looked at her and was in awe of her desire to help those in Japan. I asked her what she would like to do and she handed me a few of her bead crafts and said, "I'll use these to raise money!" Bead crafts are one of the crafty things that the girls love to do. I on the other hand don't like them as much, because I am the lucky one who gets to iron them. ☺ I would guess that they had over time made around 30 or so crafts.


 When David and I gave them the green light to hang out on our side walk, they went to work. Big Sis designed their sign, Little Cute worked on gathering all their bead crafts and David and I just watched. ☺ They wanted to do everything themselves.


Our house sits on the corner of our cul-de-sac, so we were able to sit in our dining room and keep a watchful eye on our girls as they paced the sidewalk saying, "Bead crafts to help Japan!" "The more you give the more you get!" "My dad said he would match any donations!" They hung out there the first day around 2 hours and collected $20. The neighbors came up and asked what they were selling, and Big Sis said, "We are taking donations to help those who lost their things in Japan, we aren't selling anything. For your donation, you get a bead craft." One of the neighbor gals was so sweet and said, "Wow, you girls are so thoughtful!" The look of joy on Big Sis's face as donations came in and filled their jar were priceless. The following day they were out there another couple hours and received about $20 more.


Three days ago we made our donation to help those in Japan. We researched several charities and decided upon Samaritan's Purse. Big Sis was able to press the button to make the donation official! All together we were able to send $92. ☺

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Sarah! What big hearts they have. Love those girls :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!