June 4, 2011

House Beautification -- fun, cheerful backyard.

R20 - day 63

So, after that last post I thought I should post something fun, cheerful. ☺

We have been spending more and more time outside, especially in our backyard. It is the one area that has never really gotten any love over the years. It is your basic backyard set-up...fence, smallish-non-practical patio, swing set, pot of random flowers and a few chairs. See, I told you boring basic.


I discovered some window boxes at my local Jo-Ann store and really, really wanted them. Price tag - $39.99. Seriously people? I just kept watching and watching and over Memorial Day weekend they were 60%. Saa-weet! I grabbed a couple and while checking out noticed that one had some residue on it and the gal says, "I can just give you 75% of it, do you still want it?" Uhhh, yes please!!!!! I got one of my window boxes for $4.99. Yep. We call that a score my friends. David helped mount them on the house. They were now ready to be filled with flowery goodness.

The girlies and I set out to my favorite store and picked up all the essentials we would need to fill up these beauties. We had a lot of fun picking out flowers and their colors. We also picked up a strawberry plant, the girlies couldn't resist its charm. I couldn't resist them. ☺ I also grabbed some fun, cheerful pots for really cheap. Oh how I heart Wal-Mart and their good deals. I also grabbed some fun, cheerful pillows to match and to spruce up my chairs. This is my inexpensive alternative to a new patio set. ☺ I also dusted off my umbrella and stand and now have a fun and cheery patio. I love sitting out there now. I can't wait for my mom's next visit. ☺




I think we might have to have dinner out there tonight. ☺

Also, I now have a fun, cheery view from my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!