I have like 1,001 things that I want to share with all of you, but I don't have the time to sort through my pictures and make them all pretty. ☺ I hope to get things rolling on here really soon. I have missed sharing something everyday. As the Pioneer Woman says, "You have to water it everyday or it will wither up and die." I do not want that to happen. So stay tuned and don't give up on me!
Our summer has been busy, really busy. I don't know how we made it through but we have. I was reflecting the other day on all that we have done and thought, "the one common denominator in all of our busy times has been family". I will be honest and say that I have taken my family for granted over the years. I know, I am totally lame. I am 32 years old and am finally realizing how important and special each of them are. Praise the Lord I am learning these things now instead of later. I was fortunate to spend time with my extended family in California AND Texas. I am one lucky and blessed lady.
My family--near and far--is super-special to me. I haven't really shown that very much in recent years. Distances and circumstances have created this huge chasm for me. I admit that once that chasm is in place, it is really hard to want to overcome it. I learned this summer that when you are willing to bestow grace and love despite the circumstances, you will receive them in return. My heart has been filled to the brim these past weeks. I have been reflecting on all of the good memories. WOW. What an amazing time!! I can't stop giving God the praise for all of it. I wish it could have lasted longer than the times we were given. I have been jealous of those who live in the same town as their loved ones. You can get together to BBQ on the weekend, celebrate birthdays and holidays; which nurture those relationships with ease. I would give lots and lots to have my family here. I hope and pray that someday that desire might be achieved. You never know what God has planned. ☺
I found this quote on family...it speaks what is on my heart.
Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs
of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce --
and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories.
With all of these felt details, life etches itself into
memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more
nourishing to the soul. -- Thomas Moore
Make sure you treasure the times you have with your family, even the times that are less than desirable. ☺ Don't be like me and be all needy, lame, selfish...we can add lots more adjectives there to that list. Love on them whenever you can. Give them a call, send them a card...Let them know you treasure them and are glad they are your family, I know I am going to try and do my very best.
For those of you who endured my poor grammar, thanks. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!