October 17, 2011

Angry Birds Party - the pinata!

While browsing and browsing looking for ideas for the Angry Birds Party {there aren't a whole lot}, you see lots of pinatas that people made. Big Sis said that was one thing she had to have for her party. I have a couple friends who love making them but it is not my cup of tea. I decided to embellish a pre-made one. Now that is my cup of tea! ☺

1. Find a pinata that is the right shape. This baseball will do nicely!


2. I could go two different ways here, either spray paint or to embellish. I decided to strip it and put on a new set of tissue-papers. I just used a glue stick to affix the tissue to the "skeleton".


3. By the color of the tissue, can you guess what I am making?! ☺


4. Cut out shapes to make the face and the crown. I used a small green party plate to make the nose, eyebrows and the inner ears. ☺ I used construction paper and card stock for the crown, eyes, and ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!