Big Sis has been obsessed with her Angry Birds these last few days. Playing with them, writing stories about them, playing the game on the computer, snuggling them...you get the idea.
While staring at them on my table, I realized I never blogged about the goody bags. Wow. Talk about spacing out...I apologize to all of you who have been patiently waiting for the reveal. Well, the wait is over. Lets get down to business!
Goody bags -- Our selection of items was pretty small back in October. Now, you can find Angry Birds everywhere. It never fails, months after I have a party with no decor, etc. it pops up. My friend told me I am a trend-setter. Yep, I am a trend-setter.☺
I used a small brown paper lunch sack, a mailing label with TNT in the Angry Birds Font, and made one-inch strips of brown construction paper {cut into various lengths} to glue around the label. Easy.
We filled them with sunflower seeds, Angry Birds band-aids, silly putty, Angry Birds stickers, silly string, candy from the pinata, and the golden egg they picked out. Something that would have been really fun to add were Angry Bird fruit snacks. They are now available for those of you having parties. How NOT fair, oh well. ☺
Take your toothpicks and stick them into the foam base. Take your newspaper/old phone book pages and place over the toothpicks. You will need to carefully pull them down over the toothpicks so you don't tear the pages. I did it this way because, it was the way I came up with. I am sure it would work reversed but I didn't want to take the time to hammer the toothpicks through several layers of paper. ☺
Place your eggs on the toothpicks. They have these handy-dandy holes in the tops and the bottoms that makes this really easy!
Spray your first couple layers, let dry. Flip the eggs over and repeat the process until your eggs are nice and golden. The kids had so much fun with their golden eggs.
Golden egg nests -- Take a small brown lunch sack and roll down the edges. I manipulated a bit to look like a nest. Place your golden eggs inside for a cute decoration. Easy.
If you are curious about other aspects of the party, click here and here. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!