January 10, 2012

House beautification -- Spray paint DIY.

I have found a new home decor friend. It's name is spray paint. Yes, I have jumped on the band wagon. I have been wandering around our casa thinking, "Could I spray that and if so what color?" I know it is craziness. How could I have not thought of this sooner?!

As you recall in my post on our chandelier project, I talked about how when picking out fixtures we went with what was cheap. I didn't realize how I had come to really dislike them all...the faucets, the light fixtures, the back splashes, etc. If I could have my way, I would rip it all out and buy new things. Hmmm. We know where that got me on the last dreaming of large amount purchases, don't we. ☺

Now, let's now introduce my new friend. Say hello!


The first item we tackled was our bathroom fixture. Here is it before it's beautification...


I didn't do anything special to prep it other than wipe it off and dry it. I made a little "spray area" in the garage and painted away. It took about 3-4 good coats to get the fixture covered really well. Something I didn't know was how the light bulb covers went on. I sprayed them upside down so they didn't get a good coat of paint. I am going to re-do them, so don't look too closely. ☺
 


Here it is all finished...



While I was at it, we decided to spray the light switch and plug covers in my kitchen. I mean, why not, right?
We originally wanted to purchase the oil rubbed bronze light covers. They were just too expensive, so they were put on hold, until now. I put them on a small piece of wood, layed them in my "spray area" and coated them 2-3 times. 



I look all around my casa and smile so big. I am giddy. I can't contain my excitement. David and I were both shocked at how well everything turned out, I mean shocked.

Who knew that one can of spray paint could provide so much beautification and happiness? ☺

4 comments:

  1. And you doubted me! ;) so proud of you're creative changes Sarah! Way to just go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really, really fun to be creative and try something new. ☺

      Delete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!