February 14, 2012

Valentines.

Valentine's Day has slowly become one of my favorite holidays. I can't but love the candies, hearts and lovely flowers that come with it. I know, so corny, but I love it.

My husband isn't so fond of this holiday. He is romantic and thoughtful most everyday and doesn't need a specific day to show it. I know, I am a lucky girl. In years past I have acted like a princess and not been understanding to his needs, instead only thinking of mine. I told him the other night that sentiments of the holiday weren't needed and that I was okay if I didn't receive anything. Really, okay. Little did I know...

I woke up this morning to my kitchen embellished with love notes, lots of love notes. If you know me, you know I am a "words of affirmation" girl and words are my thing. His notes made me laugh one minute and cry the next. I felt so overwhelmed by these simple yet meaningful displays of love. I also got a beautiful BLUE hydrangea. If you are curious as to why these are so special, you can read the saga details, here. ☺


This note was my most favorite.


I have {thee} best husband.

I hope that all of you have had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!