March 21, 2012

{casa} my crafty room.

There is nothing much to share here at Casa de Cupcake. I had my sewing machine in the shop for almost two weeks. Can I say that it was most excruciating having it gone. I was getting into the groove with several projects, one of which was a rag quilt for Big Sis {I will share when I'm done!}I did get to crochet more, but I just love to sew. It just makes me happy, especially now that I have my own crafty space to do sew in. Did you get that crafty humor? ☺

Here is a glimpse of some of the fun things in my crafty room. It is no where finished or where I would like it to be, but its a start. I spend a lot of time in there now. I especially love it, when my girlies come in and craft and sew too. As long as it's not for too long. ☺

{This is what it looked like when I first set it up.}

 {My dad's girlfriend gave me this fun little plaque. I knew it needed to be hung on the door!}


{I made these "curtains" from some tea towels I bought at IKEA, ages ago. I cut 4 strips of ribbon, zig-zagged 
them to the back of the towel and hung them up. I love the charm that they added.}

{The most recent thing I have added are, ruffled streamers to the ceiling. I love them! I also added a small tv and a dvd player. Didn't think I needed a picture for you guys. It is always playing some period piece. My current favorite is Sense and Sensibility. {sigh} How can you not love the Colonel and Mrs. Jennings? I would love to have a Mrs. Jennings in  my life! ☺}

{one}

{two}
{Some of the crafty things my girls have made while hanging out with me. {one} handmade BFF necklaces for Big Sis and her friend. {two} Little Cute made name sticks for her "classroom".  She has to make sure that everyone gets a turn. ☺}

There you have it, my crafty room. If you ever want to come by and sew, I have a place just for you! ☺ 

4 comments:

  1. Well, what a cute room!

    I notice you have a serger....how do you like it? Do you use it often?

    I've been thinking about getting one. What do you think? Are there pros and cons to it? (hmm, maybe this would be a good topic for you to blog about- tipful tuesday??).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I think you might have a good idea! :) Thank you for your sweet compliment.

      Delete
  2. You are so crafty and adorable. Love you sissy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!