May 2, 2012

teacher appreciation.

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I had to share the fun project the girls and I have been working on for their teachers. The first full week of May is Teacher Appreciation week, so if you haven't gotten a little something together you still have time!

There is a series of posts on meaningful gifts over at Skip to My Lou. She does such a great job of gathering creative bloggers and sharing their ideas. I wanted to make so many of the gift ideas, but it was important for me to have the girls be able to help create the gift too. We decided on this idea...


I love a little something everyday. I made a special day countdown for Big Sis's birthday last year and I also made a "every half hour" birthday gift countdown for my friend. The girls also liked the the thought of their teacher having a little something to brighten their day, all week.

Cindy gives you great details and instructions how to create your own Teacher Appreciation. She even includes a free printable of fun sayings to include with each item. Yay!

The girls picked out their fabrics, papers and decided on the order of their gifts.

They did as much of the creating as they could. I had to help cut out the fabric circles for the covered tacks. I also recommend spreading out the crafting over a few days. My thumbs and fingers are still numb. ☺

Here is how some of their items turned out...


{In the instructions, they used hot glue to adhere the tacks to the backs of the buttons. I don't know if it was my hot glue or if it just didn't work for us, but we ended up using E-6000 instead. It created a much stronger and more durable bond.}

 {I was lucky enough to find a small pack of adhesive backed magnets at JoAnns. They were perfect!}


{The girls covered their binder clips with the same matching paper from their magnets. To make some of your own: take off the handles {this makes it easier to get the paper or fabric on}, get out your Mod Podge and paint a coat on the clip, press your paper or fabric on, and paint another coat of Mod Podge over the top. Let them dry and put the handles back on. Instant cuteness!}

 

To wrap it up and make it special, Cindy includes a sweet gift tag to attach to your gift:

"A daily gift for all you do,
Teaching my child each day through.
Making a difference without taking a rest,
As a teacher, you’re one of the best!" 


I hope the girlies teachers feel special and appreciated for the awesome job they do. We love our teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!