I have a love affair with my slow cooker, I do.
It makes life so easy on the busy days. Can I get an amen?
I made this the other day and had lots of requests for the recipe, so here it is:
{ingredients}
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups of water
1/2 cup half & half {I use original flavor almond milk}
1 large granny smith apple; chopped {you can remove the peel if you desire, I leave mine on}
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
3 pinches of kosher salt
{toppings}
brown sugar
maple syrup
pecans
walnuts
raisins
any other toppings that you like
{cook}
Spray inside of slow cooker with a non-stick cooking spray--there will be some stuck to the walls of your crock, so this helps a bit with the cleanup. Place ingredients in slow cooker, stir to combine. Place lid on the top and set to LOW for 6-8 hours. I usually cook mine closer to 7 hours and then it warms till we wake up.
{serve}
Give your oatmeal a bit of a stir before serving. Top with brown sugar and your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
I love this recipe for so many reasons: it's healthy, easy and that we can all adapt it to our tastes. My girls don't like nuts, but David and I do. Sometimes you want a little more brown sugar, sometimes you want less. The possibilities are endless! It can be easily doubled and is great for overnight company. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!