A little backstory…
On October 1st, I ventured back into the world of running after a long, too long actually, time away. My littlest joined up with GOTR and asked me to be her 5K buddy for a race on November 22. I decided then and there that I would take the plunge. I trained and she trained. We ran her race together and it was awesome. I worked diligently to get back up to where I used to be. This time around it was different. I loved running before but now I luuuuuuuuurved it. Which, as all of you know is totally different type of love. Heehee.
I kept plugging away and running every other day. Life was so good. We ran another 5K for Thanksgiving! I was picking up new running gear, tips, I pinned all the 10K and half marathon training regiments, purchased a water bottle, nutrition and with each run I felt stronger, better. I remember the first time I hit 4 miles, then 5 miles and holy smokes 6 miles! Eeeeeeep. I started developing some post run issues that I thought I had taken care of with grabbing some new compression socks and a "stick" for helping keep my calves happy during and post run. I also signed up for a local 10K across one of the major bridges here in our town. I've been wanting to run this race for a long time and I'm almost there!
Two days ago I went for my run like normal, but at the end of my 6.5 miles, both my Achilles had a shooting pain and I could barely run. I hobbled into our neighborhood hoping it would just subside. It didn't. I came home, did all my post run routine and by the end of the day felt pretty normal.
Today was a different story. I used my stick and warmed up ready for a great run. I was going to take it easy, no hills, no crazy times, just run a few miles. I couldn't even make it past a mile before the same pain was screaming at me. Friends, I just stood on that busy road and sobbed. I don't know where all that emotion came from--I can only imagine the thoughts of the drivers as they cruised by me. I was just sobbing. I was angry, scared, hurt, cold, anxious…all the emotions that come with an unknown injury. Thankfully I wasn't too far from home and managed to limp my way back here to our casa. As I was limping, sobbing and heading home, I checked my IG feed and there was so much encouragement and love on the post I had just shared. If you are curious, go here. I still am so overwhelmed by everyone's kindness.
Here I was sobbing that I can't run and feeling upset that "all I want to do is run, God!" and he quiets me and says "Look, Sarah!" That my friends, induced more sobbing. I also got a phone call from a dear friend that I haven't talked to in ages. She was such an encouragement and told me that it's just a minor set back. You'll get there. No worries.
I still don't understand why this all happened just as I was getting going. I felt like I was headed in the right direction, doing all the right things and then bam. I'm halted in my tracks. I just have to take a step back and breathe deep. I need to cling to Jesus. I'm giving all of this woe and anxiety to Him. I don't know what the next 10 days hold, but I know He is good and has my best interest at heart.
Sarah xo
Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!