November 3, 2012

{crochet} a camera strap.

I have always wanted a fun cover. I had found several cute ideas while perusing the internet, but they all were sewn ones. I enjoy sewing, but there were SO many different type of options...patchwork, plain, sewn onto the strap, sew with Velcro so you don't have to sew on the strap, ruffles, fabric flowers ... 
I was really overwhelmed and the idea of sewing one was put on the back-burner.

I didn't realize how much I wanted a fun new cover until Sis's birthday party a few weeks ago. I posed with my sister for this amazing picture and there it was...the icky black strap. Ugh. I needed to fix that from happening again. 
 
Insert one of my favorite crochet and fun things blog, maybematilda.com I just love her. If you need a good chuckle or smile, her blog is the place to go. I even learned how to crochet from her Crochet Along Fall 2011. I didn't join in enough time to get set-up, but I used all of her instructions and they are fantastic. She has lots of pictures and such. I need me lots of pictures. 

Okay, so back to my camera strap. ☺ I used her pattern as my guideline. I used a worsted weight yarn and a H hook. I have a Canon Rebel XSi and she has a Nikon. I noticed that my strap was a bit wider than hers, so I added a few extra stitches. 

I LOVE how it turned out. I even walked around the house {like a dork} with my camera on to test it out. I just wanted to go somewhere and take pictures. What a difference it makes having all that comfy-yarn-goodness on there!



I also used this tutorial from another favorite crochet lady for my flowers. I just love the bit of cuteness they add. Yay for crochet!

3 comments:

  1. i love it! it is so pretty! Good job, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! This is amazing and I am totally going to make one!! Can I include your post in an upcoming post on my blog? Are you OK with me using a pic?

    Thanks so much for the GREAT idea!!

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

Comments are fun, like cupcakes! ☺ Thank you for your sweet comment!